Jojoba oil is a derived from the seed of the jojoba plant, a perennial native to the North American deserts. Often referred to as nature’s moisturizer for its ability to mimic the skin’s sebum. Jojoba oil contains essential vitamins for the skin such as vitamin B, E and key minerals such as zinc, copper.
Jojoba oil is a good beauty ingredient. It is a natural oil extracted from the seed of jojoba plant.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil-
- Deeply hydrating – It is lighter than other face oils and easily absorbed into the skin
- It doesn’t evaporate like water based moisturizers, which is very important when your skin is exposed to the environment.
- It is full of nutrients like vitamin E and B, as well as antioxidants and minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which all nourish and protect skin.
- Because it is the perfect moisturizer, jojoba can help slow down the appearance of aging, and help to fade fine lines and wrinkles.
- Because jojoba oil is very similar to human skin oils, its use can trick the skin into thinking.
- Because jojoba oil is very similar to our own skin oils, it immediately penetrates skin and smoothed easily, helping to promote healthy, glowing skin without clogging pores or leaving a greasy residue.
Potential Uses of Jojoba Oil-
- Cosmetics - Hair oil, shampoo, soap, face creams, sun screen compound.
- Pharmaceuticals - Stabilizer of penicillin products, acne treatment, hair restorer
- Polishing wax - Floors, furniture, automobiles
- Protective coating - On fruits, paper containers and food preparation
- Chemical preparation - Disinfectants, surfactant, emulsifiers, plasticizers, detergents
Jojoba oil recipes-
1. Lip scrub -Ingredients:
2. Facial Mask Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- A few drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp honey
- 2 tbsp. jojoba oil
- A small jar
- ½ c oats
- 1 ½ tbsp. honey (raw is best)
- 1 ½ tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- A few drops of jojoba oil
- A few drops of vitamin E oil
3. Body scrub Ingredients:
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. of jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp. of almond oil
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of honey